Information Security Manager
Moneysupermarket Group’s mission is to help households save money on their everyday spending. We supply products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors. This helps UK households save approximately £2bn each year; something we’re incredibly proud of. However, our market is highly competitive, and our customers deserve even more, so we’re constantly improving our platform, products, and ways of working. As we extend our platform, we need to increase our security maturity.
Therefore, in 2023 we have embarked on an exciting information security programme across key strategic security domains, with further investment and growth to support this in 2024. For this journey we require an Information Security Manager to sit within our existing Information Security Team.
Our Information Security Managers are individual contributors, working in a team of four, and balancing and sharing workload across our key initiatives. You’ll be working in our wider Security function surrounded by supportive colleagues who work in a collaborative manner.
What can you expect from us?
- A collaborative and informal work environment.
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person.
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (conferences and meetups, development platforms, Internal tech support communities).
- Freedom to innovate.
What are we looking for?
We want you to show that you have good knowledge of what it means to secure a regulated digital financial services business who utilise a cloud-based architecture. Furthermore, we need you to understand Cyber Security and want to take a leading role in improving the way we work.
Ideally you will have experience working in an audit or technology consulting role, but looking to find a permanent home where you can own end-to-end projects and drive your career forward.
What you will be doing:
- Risk Assessment – supporting and leading on information security risk assessments across the financial service regulated digital business.
- Exception Management – processing security exception requests covering security policy, standards, risks, and vulnerabilities through to acceptance/rejection.
- Security Reporting – working with key service providers to deliver a picture of the security control status at the Group and Business Unit levels.
- Supplier Security Due Diligence and Assurance – assessing supplier security arrangements using a mix of questionnaire and face to face visits based on priorities and risks.
- Security awareness and training – supporting and owning the delivery of information security education and awareness.
- Policy Management – developing and review policies, controls, and standards where appropriate.
- Security Project Delivery – delivering key information security projects to increase the Group’s maturity
What skills are we looking for?
- In-depth Information Security fundamentals across multiple domains.
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments and the associated organisational risks.
- Knowledge of security controls & frameworks.
- Experience in working in a team that manages an ISMS.
- The ability to evaluate and review third party vendor documentation and processes.
- Experience in performing risk assessments and identifying control gaps.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on cyber security metrics and KPI’s.
Our benefits include up to 30 days holiday, a bonus, enhanced parental leave, and tools that empower our supportive culture. You can find a full list here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We’re an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now Back to listings