Role: Content Creator
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Type: Part-time (24 hours) fixed term contract with a view to extend.
InnovateHer is on a mission to ‘get girls ready for the tech industry and the tech industry ready for girls,’ and we are looking for a Content Creator to join us to help us fulfil this ambition.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to apply their existing content creator skills, experience and ideas to a growing social enterprise and be part of a dynamic marketing team. We promise you a vibrant, inspiring, and positive working environment with supportive co-workers and plenty of opportunities to develop and grow your skills further.
As InnovateHer is a fast-growing small social enterprise with new online services, this is an exciting time to join and experience our small team. This role is newly created and focuses on developing content predominantly for our range of social media channels, including a big student-led focus on TikTok in 2024. Alongside this, there will also be opportunities for you to liaise and align content across our schools, partnership and product teams, helping to translate corporate content to a student-focused and school audience. As well as creating engaging content that inspires our target audience, you’ll have the chance to put your own stamp on this new role, bringing new ideas to explore.
Your role in our team:
You will be responsible for producing and developing inspirational content that will engage our students, teachers, and partner communities. With our focus on growing our student community in the coming year, the content creator will be working alongside the InnovateHer team to help develop high-quality content for our website, social media channels, marketing materials, and other platforms.
You’ll learn all about and make contributions to InnovateHer’s branding and tone of voice to maximise the impact of the content you generate efficiently. You’ll monitor the results from the content you’ve created, making suggestions for improvements based on feedback and data. You’ll want to create social impact through your content by making it inspiring, and you’ll be familiar with our competitors’ content to share learnings with coworkers to consistently deliver excellence.
We will be creative, flexible, and determined. You’ll be passionate about our mission and have a desire to drive change and raise awareness through your work. You’ll be happy to take a brief and bring it to life as well as create your own and bring your own new ideas. You’ll get a kick out of experimenting and enjoy the experience of working with our InnovateHer team.
You are passionate about producing content for a variety of audiences and have experience in doing this across a variety of different formats. You are interested in and have an understanding of a student-focused audience (13-17) and ideas of how content can be adapted and presented to engage these audiences.
You will enjoy keeping on top of social media trends and implementing these into your work – you will be confident being on camera and producing content with you taking the lead as well as engaging our audiences and partners to do the same.
You’ll have a natural ability to communicate clearly and have a drive to build and develop this further. You’ll be organised and able to plan your work with a keen eye for detail. Your editing and proofreading skills will be strong, and you will be energised to get stuck into the InnovateHer team.
What you’ll do:
- Generate creative ideas for our content, aligned with our company goals.
- Produce and edit engaging mixed media content for our social media platforms.
- Work on more in depth case studies which showcase a deeper level of impact in our annual trend and social impact reports.
- Understand that our content needs to be created with accessibility in mind.
- Collaborate across teams to support campaign objectives
- Monitor digital engagement metrics
- Promote company offerings to reach new audiences
- Work with our partners to produce engaging content, supporting and ecouraging them to create content that is suited to our audience
- Stay on top of trends and utilise them in your work
- Aid with the visual design of promotional materials
Nice to have
- You might be able to edit videos in our brand style, adding captions and branding
- Experience of working with our target audiences.
- A flair for creating and bringing to life the brand tone of voice and using this when managing content producers.
- It would be awesome if you had knowledge of G-suite tools (Drive, docs, email), and collaborative tools (Trello, Slack, Zoom, Google Meet). As a remote-first organisation, we rely heavily upon our collaborative tools.
- Experience of editing a website via a Content Management System (not essential).
- We envisage this role involving some travel and where this involves areas outside of city or town centres this can sometimes be easier with the use of a car.
We are a remote-first organisation, which means that you can work from home or any location in the UK. We also have an office based in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle, at 12 Jordan street which you are welcome to work from.
What we offer:
This role is initially offered on a part-time basis of 24 hours per week for a fixed term of 6 months. However, candidates will ideally be open to continuing the role after 6 months and increasing their hours.
Salary: £25-28k/pro rata
We provide a laptop (mac) and all the equipment you’ll need to work remotely.
You will have access to a development fund of up to £500 per year.
What else you’ll get from us:
Our team work hard every day to make a difference to people’s lives, particularly the young girls we work with. In return, we are proud to provide anyone who joins us a unique experience within a collaborative and inspiring culture.
- We are a flexible working organisation and operate a 30-hour full-time working week, with the option to condense these into 4 days (many of the team, including directors, choose to work this way) 🏡
- We are a remote-first organisation and allow employees to work across the UK 🌍
- You get 21 days of annual leave (pro-rated for part-time team members), your birthday off, plus a full office shutdown at Christmas (approx 2 weeks) 🏝
- We provide a laptop (Mac) and all the equipment needed to work remotely.
- You get a £500 learning budget per year, which is tailored to your personal development plan 📚
- You get mental health support, webinars and access to funding for therapy services via our new enhanced policy for 2024.
- You get a £350 home equipment budget bi-annually, too💻
- We meet face-to-face for 2 days every quarter, usually in Liverpool 🥰
InnovateHer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All InnovateHer employees will undergo an enhanced DBS check because we work closely with young people. Having a criminal record will not necessarily stop you from being an employee at InnovateHer. However, any information contained on your Disclosure certificate would require further consideration before a recruitment decision could be made. All such cases are fully and fairly considered before a final decision is reached and InnovateHer would normally provide you with the opportunity to discuss, in person, the circumstances of any information revealed.
We are operating a blind recruitment practice at stage one, which means we do not require your name or gender at this stage.
- First stage: Apply via CV/Application Form
- Deadline for applications: Friday 8th March
- Second stage: Virtual 30 minute interview with two people from the InnovateHer team. Tuesday 19th & Wednesday 20th March.
- Deadline: Applicants will be contacted w/c 11th March to be invited to a second stage interview.
- Third stage: Virtual 45 minute task based interview with three of the InnovateHer team. w/c 1st April, exact date TBC.
- Notification of decision: w/c 1st April
- Start date: 1st May