Lead Technology Delivery Manager
£60,000 to £62,000 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 5)
Manchester city centre (hybrid working)
We’re looking for a Lead Technology Delivery Manager to join our Unified Commerce Platform (UCP) team, within our wider Business Platforms team. We’ll look to you to help build, maintain, and run our business-critical applications and systems. Our UCP platform provides access to Co-op’s food product catalogue and the team provide convenient APIs for managing the end-to-end lifecycle of shopping baskets through real-time events and integrations with our partners.
You’ll be responsible for the performance of the team, making sure the right work is being done by managing your delivery roadmap, and continually improving delivery methods and approaches to team working. In this role you’ll work in a hybrid way – splitting your time between home and the office (find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy).
What you’ll do
- Be accountable for the successful operation and delivery of change across our online channels and colleague products
- Understand all potential risks within your technology scope and make sure these are mitigated and resolved effectively
- Co-ordinate and manage third-party supplier service delivery
- Make sure all solutions are designed, delivered and maintained in line with architectural principles and technology guidelines
- Be the main point of contact for your area, overseeing delivery activities and managing partner expectations
This role would suit people who have
- Experience developing tech products and services across multiple teams
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary, agile teams
- The ability to write or input into business cases, and manage budgets within a complex environment
- Knowledge of the technology, market, and customers relevant to this role
- Good communication skills and relationship-building skills, with the ability to influence and challenge people inclusively
If you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for, we can offer you a competitive salary and great benefits package which includes 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores (as well as other discounts on Co-op products and services). You’ll also get:
- Private healthcare
- An annual bonus (based on personal and business performance)
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 with service) plus bank holidays
- A pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Access to a subsidised onsite gym (at our Manchester HQ)
- Coaching and training to support your career development
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- YuLife – an app that rewards you for exercising with discounts and vouchers for your favourite brands
Building an inclusive work environment
At Co-op, we’re proud to do things a different way. As one of the world’s largest co-operatives, owned by millions of members, community is at the heart of what we do. Since our Co-op was founded in 1844, we’ve had a clear social purpose, and everything we do as a business helps to build a fairer world for our members, customers, colleagues, and communities.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We’re also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we’ll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We’ll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.Apply Now Back to listings