Sustainment Bid Lead
Location: Samlesbury. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £52,084+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting bid activities, as well as offering support to other teams on bid activities
- Leading and supporting a team of UK bid resource to ensure appropriate delegation of bid workload in order to support development
- Working with internal BAE Systems cross functional team to ensure an integrated approach to proposal writing
- Managing stakeholders across multiple functions and disciplines, to drive effective outcomes in alignment with strategy
- Building and maintaining business lead relationships to ensure seamless clearance of bids and proposals through to contract mobilisation
- Supporting continuous improvement with the wider F-35 team to guarantee the challenges faced through Sustainment bids are met with a collaborative approach
- Supporting an effective transition from individual work stream focussed bid teams to a shared service model, by leveraging common and effective bid experiences across all delivery teams
- Developing the project management skills and capabilities of the team and through the project management function
Your skills and experiences:
- Prior experience in bid and proposal environment or position, while working to tight deadlines is essential
- Ability to adapt communication styles to suit the audience, and interface with people at different levels and skills within the organisation
- Ability to efficiently and effectively compile and present data, prepare reports and presentations
- Working knowledge and experience of project management and control principles and process reporting would be advantageous
- Self-starting capability and possess the skills to identify problems and resolve them unilaterally
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Sustainment Growth and Strategy team:
The team support the F-35 sustainment bid function in the launch, monitoring, and delivery of bids and proposals.
They provide project management and bid support to F-35 sustainment bid activities. This will then assist in the effective application of bid management and project management tools and techniques, in line with the lifecycle management and the operational framework.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 21st November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings