Project Finance Analyst
Location: Rochester, Kent. Hybrid pattern of 3 days based in the main office. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 – depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a Project Finance Analyst to join our finance team in the Electronic System division. Working as part of an Integrated Project team, you will be responsible for a group of projects within a business area, providing the financial control, reporting, and supporting the project teams to deliver their financial commitments. You will have ownership for the day-to-day responsibilities of the below
- Financially manage a suite of projects and complete reporting requirements for those projects
- Working with key stakeholders and supporting line leaders in the preparation and completion of financial forecasts
- Partner with the Project teams to understand and analyse budgets and variances, and to challenge the assumptions made in order to identify financial risks and opportunities
- Preparation of financial reporting by pulling and validating data from a variety of sources
- Ensure projects are fully compliant with the BAE Systems Operational Framework and Finance Policies Manual to satisfy all Internal Control requirements
- Proactively seek to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business
Your skills and experiences:
- Interest in Finance and Business
- Experience or education in Accounting, Finance or Business beneficial
- Good knowledge of Excel and the ability to quickly learn new IT applications
- Confidence in communicating with multiple stakeholders
- Strong skills in accuracy, adaptability, and time management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Finance team:
The team consists of a group of 10 individuals with a range of experience from versatile backgrounds. You will be reporting into the Assistant Financial Controller who will support you in developing in the role and within the company.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 12/02/2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings