Advanced Apprentice Land UK Electrical Maintenance
Location Washington, UK
Salary We offer a competitive salary with annual increases throughout the apprenticeship and a range of employee benefits including, free higher education as well as access to the Company pension and Share Incentive Plan
What you will be doing
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician Apprentice your main responsibilities and duties could include but not be limited to:
- Conducting preventative maintenance tasks on both production and site support facilitates equipment.
- Finding fault with a component or device levels, determining whether the issue is hardware, software or firmware related.
- Reactive maintenance activities for both production and site support facilitates equipment.
- Use of a variety of tools and equipment to safely install electrical equipment and systems.
- Activities to support production including the interrogation of electronic or programmable devices such as Siemens Programmable Logic
- Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and drives; replacement of sensors and motors.
- Activities to support the running of the facilities department including carrying out electrical testing, i.e. fixed wiring tests, earth continuity or bonding tests, inspection of substation and distribution equipment.
- Working as an individual or as a member of a team in order to achieve result.
You will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Deliver your responsibilities efficiently and with integrity.
- Show a positive attitude.
- Work well within a team.
- To demonstrate strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Time management.
- Develop your organisational skills.
What Qualification will you get?
Maintenance and operations engineering technician / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Overview of Business Unit
BAE Systems Land UK Munitions
BAE Systems is proud to equip the British Armed Forces and international customers with a range of munition products, from small arms ammunition through to heavy artillery, tank ammunition and warheads and payloads.
Our munitions have been proven in every possible environment over many decades, with our specialist engineers continually making performance improvements. We are also winning an increasing number of export orders, following an efficiency programme that has significantly increased our competitiveness.
Supporting the armed forces with some of the most advanced munitions capabilities in the world is one of the most exciting career moves you could make. We offer several business and engineering graduate opportunities each year and are looking for people with the passion, drive and skills to give the best they can every day, to make sure our troops receive only the best. In return, we offer you a role you can be proud of, that lets you grow and develop in the UK’s leading defence, aerospace and security company.
With major facilities in Cheshire, Monmouthshire and Tyne and Wear, our Land UK Munitions business employs over 1,100 people and has a desire to grow, both in the UK and internationally. We invite you to join us and be part of a team that gives our customers a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, manufacturing and supporting some of their most vital equipment.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. A career here means using your passion and ingenuity to defend national security with breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions. It’s rewarding work that truly makes a difference. And as you tackle critical projects, you’ll work alongside a supportive team – driven by a shared ambition to protect what really matters. At BAE Systems, you’ll find an extraordinary career where you can realize your true potential.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under represented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
5 GCSE’s Grade 9-4/A*-C, or equivalent, including Maths, English, Science or a Technical Subject