It’s a brand new chapter for Shop Direct. They’re on a mission to transform retail. They want to provide the best shopping experiences for their 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit.
They’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. They’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how their 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on their websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods, and they’re not slowing down….
To help them take retail in a new direction they need curious, empathetic UX researchers who are passionate about pushing the boundaries, gaining a deep understanding of what makes their customers tick and disrupting the way they do things today.
RESEARCH AT SHOP DIRECT
With a big ambition and millions of their loyal customers using the experiences they create every day, research plays a huge part in what they do at Shop Direct, (and rightly so!). They’re looking for curious, empathetic researchers who are passionate about pushing the boundaries, gaining a deep understanding of what makes their customers tick and disrupting the way they do things today.
Working within product teams means the research you conduct will take many different shapes and forms and spans all parts of product development from discovery through to validation. You’ll be joining a collaborative team of researchers and designers from a range of different backgrounds who specialize in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and use their expertise to drive the product vision, uncover new opportunities, find creative ways to problem solve and make sure they’re always focused on the things that matter the most. You can say hello and meet the team here: https://twitter.com/ShopDirectUX.
AS A RESEARCHER AT SHOP DIRECT YOU’LL:
- Design and conduct research studies that span all phases of product development uncovering both behaviours and attitudes
- Collaborate with product teams to shape and influence their research agenda
- Use your research to both fuel ideas and evaluate existing solutions
- Choose the right research method based on the research question in hand Generate insights that both influence and challenge decisions where appropriate
- Communicate your research findings in a way that inspires your team to take action
- Follow your research through the end to end life cycle (including hypothesis generation and concluding ab tests)
- Continually evolve the way they do research here by exploring new methodologies and ways of working for the team
- Continually champion customer centricity in the product teams and the wider business
THEY’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have 3+ years’ experience in conducting research to influence decision making
- You have a BS/BA in a behavioral related field (Psychology, Social Science, HCI etc.)
- You’re familiar with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and are comfortable independently shaping your own research agenda
- You’re a great conceptual thinker, you’re naturally inquisitive in nature and you strongly articulate opportunities and solutions
- You have knowledge of basic experimental design and statistical analysis
- You’re a strong communicator and storyteller allowing you to strongly articulate opportunities and solutions. When you present your research people are inspired and want to take action.
- You’re flexible and adaptive. Working on different things in an ever changing environment is what get you out of bed in the morning
WHAT’S GOOD ABOUT LIFE AT SHOP DIRECT?
- Their onsite UX Lab and Customer Closeness Centre (they physically and mentally put the customer at the heart of their HQ!)
- A customisable benefit package (inc life assurance, private medical and childcare vouchers)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Onsite gym (inc changing facility) with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (they know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- Annual Bonus Potential * Performance & Business Related
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options