- As comfortable plotting out user journeys, as bringing those journeys to life in Adobe XD, Marvel, Invision or similar?
- Passionate about advocating for user-centred design, and putting UX at the heart of developing digital products?
- Someone who will embrace opportunities to innovate and learn, and thrive at a company where hard work and creativity is rewarded?
- Keen to make a real difference to educational outcomes in the UK, and beyond?
- Design interactive applications that are easy and intuitive to use?
- Make complicated data look beautiful and easy to understand?
- Use UX techniques such as workshops, interviews and user testing to develop an understanding of problems and how to solve them?
Angel Solutions expect to see examples of work / a portfolio for all design candidates, and evidence of experience in all essential technologies listed.
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a similar role
- Good knowledge of prototyping / wireframing within Adobe XD, Marvel, Invision or similar
- Deeply empathetic to customers & their experiences
- A collaborative working style
- A confident communicator & facilitator
- A history of delivering great user experiences
- Great skills in visual design and typography
- A working knowledge of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
- Responsive design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of accessible web design best practice
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Experience of designing solutions within the Education sector
- Experience in designing and facilitating group collaboration sessions
- Experience of carrying out user testing and analysis of testing & usage data
- Experience of utilising style guides/component libraries
Their design team works closely with colleagues from across the organisation on all aspects of Design, UX and front end, across their existing product suite. A typical day may include:
- Sketching and building prototypes for pages or components in one of their existing products.
- Communicating ideas & designs for stakeholders through sketches, flows, customer journeys, and wireframes.
- Working with a developer to help translate your design into workable code
- Mapping out improvements to a user journey
- Updating the design or content of our external websites
- Designing processes and surveys to collect user data
- Designing marketing material to support our Sales team
- Making a tea round or eating cake with the team
- Doing all of the above in our fun, inspirational and collaborative workspaces inc. a gypsy caravan, breakout and think tank spaces, the grandstand, a ball pool…
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who they are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know they have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s next?
- Enhanced Parental Leave: Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because they want to know you’re looked after
- Generous Pension: Angel always contributes above the minimum
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: They love Christmas and its a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
What They Do at Angel Solutions…
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of their products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that’s not all they’re about! They also strive to be creative and innovative in everything they do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
The role of Angel’s Design Team is to make their products (and the marketing around those products) as effective, intuitive and beautiful as possible.
How to apply
Please complete an online application now. You’ll need to give a few quick details, upload your CV and briefly explain why you think you’re suitable for the role. They’ll contact suitable applicants shortly after the closing date.
They are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.