UK Network, Security and Voice Manager
UK Network, Security and Voice Manager
Purpose of the role
This key role is part of the Technology Delivery & Operations (TDO) department that is responsible for the Design, Delivery, Operations and Optimize functions as part of the Product and Technology life cycle framework that underpins M247’s product and services portfolio.
The Network, Security & Voice Manager is responsible for both the Global Backbone and the Global Access Network, ensuring high availability and operational integrity through the delivery of Fault, Capacity, Availability, Performance and Security (FCAPS) programs across the full lifecycle of the systems. This will involve the management of complex implementation and change programmes on live infrastructure whilst maintaining the efficient delivery of services.
You will manage a Global Network on 3 continents, in over 25 countries, that routes ~2tbps of traffic. Every single PoP is built with a high level of resilience, it is designed to work independently but also play a critical role in improving the service quality for all the other PoPs. Also, every PoP runs a large number of services for customers that reside in multiple countries.
The Access Network is built using Cisco MPLS capable devices, and serves a large number of customers across the UK. The Access Network is connected to the Global Network in multiple locations, for resiliency and capacity reasons.
You will need to have a very strong focus on developing and coaching the team, to assure the highest overall Network Uptime and the smooth delivery of complex solutions towards customers. Also, you will be the escalation point for the Team, you will need to be able to assist with complex issues debugging and fixing.
You will collaborate closely with Provisioning, Support, and Architecture departments to ensure that the designs and architectures proposed for new platforms, services and products are fit for purpose and adhere to operational principles that underpin the efficient delivery of service to our customers and to provide the optimal customer experience.
You will manage the operational investment & cost management strategy for growth and maintenance.
- Leads a highly skilled team of engineers that are the delivery and operations Subject Matter Experts for the M247 Global Network platform.
- Technical operations authority for all Global Network platform including adherence to architectural principles and service targets.
- Managing and maintaining both the Global Network and the Access Network.
- Global Network performance monitoring.
- Develop, monitor, operate & report on KPIs and SLAs to assess technological platform performance.
- Plan capacity and overall Network Infrastructure for new services.
- Develops a backup & disaster recovery plan in case of a Network emergency.
- Accountable for the Management and supervision of Network Infrastructure Engineers that are responsible for the implementation of FCAPS programmes.
- Oversee the production and development of low level operational and support documentation.
- Liaising with external partners and suppliers to ensure best sourcing strategies.
- Assistance with PoC evaluation of new architectures, technologies and products.
- Business case production support for the development and implementation of new platforms.
- Works closely with the Technology Planning & Investment (TPI) and the Product Technology & Strategy Design (PTSD) for the delivery and operation of Technology plans.
- Provides delivery and operations support for customer specific solutions where the solutions are complex or use already established repeatable operations capability, monitoring, etc.
- Assistance for the Network Infrastructure team with technical expertise for debugging purposes.
- Network Management experience.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Persistence and determination.
- Strong relationships with leading platform solution providers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Proven Project Management and delivery experience.
- Mentoring colleagues on support and configuration of multiple platform technologies
- Strong focus on developing and coaching the team
- Technical Skills
- ISP Industry and market knowledge and experience
- Strong experience with Cisco/Juniper routers and switches
- Strong experience with large multi-country ISP-grade networks
- Strong operational experience with Network Monitoring tools and best practices
- High knowledge of Network Hardware
- Strong Operational understanding of IP networking (MPLS, BGP, ISIS) in ISP environments
- FCAPS operational experience and process development experience
- Technical and Leadership background for Voice and Security.
- Desirable but not essential
- Cisco CCIE-SP or Juniper JNCIE-SP
- Experience of SDN, NFV & SD-WAN technologies
- Budget responsibility and forecasting
- Experience of ITIL for Service / Incident Management
- Prince 2 for Project Management
• Healthshield Cash Plan (after 3 month probation is passed)
• Healthshield PERKS (after 3 month probation is passed)
• Company Life Assurance scheme offering 3 times annual salary upon death in service
• Auto-Enrolment Pension with 2% Employer Contribution (after 3 month probation)
• Access to weekly payable gym classes at Bright Building – https://mspl.co.uk/the-studio/
• Free Car Parking (available 24/7 limited spaces)
• Flexible working accommodated where possible
• Maternity Pay – 6 weeks Full pay/ 6 weeks 90% pay/ 28 weeks SMP
• Paternity Pay – 2 weeks full payApply Now Back to listings