Angel Solutions are looking for a self-motivated individual, passionate about software and quality. You will be working within their test team and alongside their technical team that cover the flow of work from design through to development and deployment.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of their online software, and for encouraging confidence in their products, both internally with the wider staff team and externally with their users. To do this you must gain a thorough understanding of their whole range of products, the UK education sector and their client’s needs.
Ideally, they are looking for someone with at least one year of experience in web testing.
You will need to create and run multiple test cases, and track and maintain defects. They will want you to look at all aspects of testing their software through functional, regression, performance, load, and cross-browser testing. Think of novel ways to push their software to breaking point!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Methodical manual testing ability
- Ability to understand complex product requirements
- Understanding of web testing such as security, performance & cross-browser
- Ability to create test cases
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent English reading & writing (including grammar, spelling and sentence structure)
- Ability to clearly articulate scenarios which cause software defects (verbally and written)
- Confident approach in discussing tests and potential errors with other departments
- Ability to work on multiple projects and adapt priorities accordingly
Knowledge & experience in:
- Previous experience of testing web applications (beneficial)
- JIRA (beneficial).
- UK education sector (beneficial)
- Testing tools and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to non-technical people.
Attention to Detail:
- Methodical yet creative approach to testing tasks. Systematic coverage of software and novel thinking which pushes software to breaking point
- Takes ownership for own performance and takes feedback positively to develop and deliver the required performance.
- Listens and shares their experience, knowledge and ideas to help develop self and team members.
- Supportive of other team members, able to build and maintain effective collaborative relationships.
- Thinks about costs and benefits of actions before taking them.
- Relays information effectively.
- Ensures processes and systems developed to deliver the products are adhered to.
- Is confident when dealing with internal stakeholders. Looks to solve problems with attention to Angel’s needs.
- Articulate scenarios which cause software defects both verbally and written.
- Help drive communication between teams.
- Contribute at team meetings positively.
- Demonstrates essential interpersonal skills i.e. listening, clarity, well-structured and articulate.
- Has strong, methodical, task and time management skills and the ability to remain calm and positive through difficult situations.
Innovation & Continuous Improvement:
- Seeks to improve process.
- Is self-aware and takes ownership for personal development.
- Supports team members in the implementation of change.
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who they are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know they have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because they want to know you’re looked after
- Pension: After 3 months at Angel, you’ll be auto-enrolled in their company pension scheme
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. They love Christmas and its a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!
Must apply via CV link http://www.angelsolutions.co.uk/jobs/software-tester/Apply Now Back to listings