Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Purpose of the role
M247’s Network Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of M247’s Global Core, Transit and Access Networks, including peering and transit connectivity. They provide expert technical assistance to other team members and colleagues, whilst delivering a network change programme that underpins M247’s strategic goals.
This role will be reporting to the UK Network, Security and Voice Manager and be responsible for designing, implementing and testing complex network infrastructure in support of their group & customer needs.
- Large scale network infrastructure monitoring and support.
- Assisting with platform design, implementation and optimization projects.
- Providing 4th line support for internal teams and customers across all tiers of the network.
- ISP IP Network management incl BGP, OSPF, ISIS, Transit, Peering & Colocation expertise.
- Develop peer relationships.
- Traffic optimization and routing resilience.
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors
- Project planning and delivery.
- Out of hours maintenance.
- On call support
You will have a background in the ISP, Telecoms industry or similar, have excellent knowledge of ISP routing protocols and platforms including BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS etc. Working closely with your colleagues, you will be a positive communicator and a proactive team member.
Your contributions will enhance the overall team’s output and will ensure the successful handover of secure, resilient and high performing network services. You will also work closely with their Operations teams to ensure they have the tools, knowledge and support necessary to operate and manage performance on their network.
You will be required to provide onsite and remote support to their technical teams who have critical maintenance and development programs across all tiers of their infrastructure.
You will need the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to answer technical queries, urgently analyze technical issues and address level 3 escalations.
You will be a part of an International Network Infrastructure Team, so communication skills are very important for this role.
- Experience of a relevant role within an ISP/Comms provider.
- Analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- CCNP Service Provider or relevant experience
- Strong MPLS / BGP / IS-IS / OSPF skills essential
- Project management experience desirable
- Commercial awareness and ability to create compelling business cases.
- Attention to detail and drive to succeed with flexibility in approach and style.
- Collaborative approach to internal team working
- Proactive approach to solutions: common sense approach
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Essential strong Cisco/Juniper skills
- Desired Arista, Sonicwall and Fortinet skills
• Healthshield Cash Plan (after 3 month probation is passed)
• Healthshield PERKS (after 3 month probation is passed)
• Company Life Assurance scheme offering 3 times annual salary upon death in service
• Auto-Enrolment Pension with 2% Employer Contribution (after 3 month probation)
• Access to weekly payable gym classes at Bright Building – https://mspl.co.uk/the-studio/
• Free Car Parking (available 24/7 limited spaces)
• Flexible working accommodated where possible
• Maternity Pay – 6 weeks Full pay/ 6 weeks 90% pay/ 28 weeks SMP
• Paternity Pay – 2 weeks full payApply Now Back to listings