Lucid Games Ltd are looking for a QA tester to join our team and work across multiple titles currently in development at the studio.
- Complete test plans and regress resolved issues in order to maintain the quality and stability of their titles through all stages of development.
- Maintain the Jira Issue database, with clearly written and comprehensive bug reports.
- Work one to one within the development team to clearly highlight issues and assist in resolving them
- Work with the QA Manager to help develop and evolve new and existing QA methods to streamline their processes.
- Ensure high quality standards are met by helping put processes in place to thoroughly test all aspects of our games.
- Ensure that QA provides regular work-in-progress development reports to the development team.
- Highlight issues to the QA manager when quality standards are in question.
- Provide ongoing input into test schedules.
- Previous experience in a QA role, ideally in a games development studio.
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, creating test plans, and the technical requirements of developing and shipping PC and Console games.
- Analytical and logically-minded with a good eye for detail
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities and managing priority changes
- Ability to work with fast development cycles on live games.
- A thorough knowledge of videogames across multiple platforms
- Ability to be vocal and not afraid to provide constructive feedback and solutions from QA viewpoint
- Good English writing and conversational skills
- Experience working on Live Service games with rapid patch iteration
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 engine
- Extensive knowledge and experience using bug tracking software, particularly Jira
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of test automation and scripting within a QA environment
- Any experience in scripting or programming, even at a hobby level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC Submission processes including knowledge of XR’s and TRC’s
- Flexible hours – Lucid understand how important it is that we are all able to maintain a healthy work/life balance so Lucid support flexible working, around our core hours of 10am to 4pm.
- Health care – Lucid provide you with private health care insurance for you, your partner and your children.
- Parental leave – Lucid offer a generous maternity & paternity leave above the statutory allowance.
- Independent Liverpool – All staff receive an Independent Liverpool Card for discounts in the area.
- Free parking – All staff have access to a free parking permit
- Social events – Lucid organise our own annual Christmas and Summer Parties as well as other get togethers around the rest of the year.
- Competitive Salary – Lucid offer great wages for the skills and personality you would bring to the team.
- Holidays – Lucid offer 25 days of holidays plus all national bank holidays. They also increase your allowance after five years of working with us up to a maximum of 35 days.
- Dental care – Lucid also have private Dental Care Insurance, which you and your partner could benefit from.
- Referral bonuses – If you refer a friend for one of our open job roles, you can earn a bonus if they’re hired and pass probation.
- City bikes – You can use Liverpool City Bikes at our expense at any time you like while being part of the company.
- Life assurance policy – Lucid provide Life Assurance Policy to all staff members with a lump sum of 4 x annual salary.
- Pension scheme – Lucid provide access to a group company pension scheme and they contribute by 3% of your annual salary. They have also elected to top up your pot with our employer national insurance savings.
- Charity events – Lucid organise and take part of various charity events to support organisations like Special Effects and other charities.
- Cycle to work – Lucid take part in the government Cycle to work scheme, which offers tax incentives to encourage employees to cycle to work.
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in working with the team then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now Back to listings