Project management is a core competency within the business and vital in helping to drive organisational success. It serves as a powerful bridge in creating and managing the link between strategy and results, and effective project management allows Uniform to not only meet project goals in a timely and efficient manner but also to understand and meet the expectations of their clients.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the efficiency and smooth running of client projects, working within a Core Client Team alongside a Client Director and Creative Lead, across a variety of clients. You will report on day-to-day activity and supply frequent updates on project status. You will report to Head of Delivery for line management and CPD.
At Uniform, they rely on the Project Manager to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget. To do so you will work closely with the creative teams to instil process and manage progress, and liaise with the client to manage their expectations and ensure that they are satisfied and clearly communicated to throughout the duration of the project.
WHAT YOU’RE THERE TO DO?
The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager are outlined in the key areas below:
Project Delivery (80%)
- To deliver client projects on time within budget and scope
- To work with Client Director & Project Managers to manage project plans and generate stage plans to monitor progress
- To manage project level communications and overall efficiency
- To identify any risks which may arise during a project and work proactively to prevent any potential issues before they occur (e.g. change of scope, issues with delivery, unexpected client feedback etc.)
- To ensure client satisfaction for the duration of the project and quality of service is maintained
- To ensure creative quality is paramount and supported by project management
- To use established project management methodologies to manage changes in project scope, schedules and costs
- To ensure resource availability, working closely with the Operations Manager
- To measure project performance using appropriate systems and reports, working closely with the Operations Manager
- To ensure the team target (billable time) is achieved and time is logged accurately
- To establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and third parties
- To report and escalate issues to management as needed
- To ensure all project documentation is maintained, communicated and filed accordingly
- To participate in weekly/monthly team meetings
People Management (20%)
- To foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- To support the development of junior team members by coaching and sharing relevant experiences
- To proactively support their Manager, suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- To refer to senior team members for advice and support as appropriate
- To raise their internal profile through pro-active knowledge sharing
In addition, the Project Manager is expected to undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by their Manager.
WHAT SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE?
You will be expected to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous project management experience
- Experience of working in a creative agency is desirable
- Experience working to and meeting client deadlines
- A methodical and organised way of working
- Knowledge of best practices for project management
- PRINCE2 certification is advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and process driven
- Proactive, positive attitude to finding and implementing relevant, efficient solutions
- A good working knowledge of MS Office/G-Suite