Role: Programme Coordinator
Salary: £18 – 21,000
Reports to: Director
We are on a mission : To get girls ready for the tech industry and the industry ready for girls.
We run three strands of activity to help us achieve this – our award winning school programme for girls, our industry membership network and campaigning to raise awareness on a national level.
Only 19% of tech roles are female in the North West, and just 20% of computing science pupils are female in the UK. The idea that particular jobs or interests are for girls and others are for boys is false. We created InnovateHer to address this; it is a national movement dedicated to giving girls aged 12-16 the self-belief and skills needed to pursue a career in technology. We use industry role models, events and schools-based programmes to reverse gender inequality, improve digital skills and invest in the future of our young people.
Our programmes teach essential digital skills, but they also connect girls with new passions, raise their employment prospects and enhance their chances of a more fulfilling life and career. Because we believe that everyone, regardless of background or identity, should have the freedom and opportunity to pursue any future they choose. You can read our latest social impact report here.
Over the next year our ambition is to build our network across the U.K. We have recently expanded into Manchester and have over 25 schools-based programmes confirmed in the next academic year. We’re also launching in London in April 2020. To help us fulfill this growing demand for our services, we are seeking to grow our core team.
As InnovateHer is a fast growing small business, this is an exciting time to join our small team of 6. You’ll have the opportunity to input into how we do things, putting in place new ways of working and coming up with ideas to help improve our processes as we grow. We celebrated our 2nd birthday in 2019, so we’re a young organisation with a big ambition to change the world!
We need you to be a self starter who is up for the challenge of working in a small company environment and the opportunities for personal growth that this brings.
As a key member of the team you will play an important role in underpinning our school programmes for girls aged 12-16. You will coordinate all aspects of our educational programmes including liaising with schools, industry mentors and partners, to ensure that our programmes run effectively and are delivered to a high quality.
You’ll work closely with our Programme Managers, who will lead on setting up the programme logistics for you to develop and maintain. You will be focussed on delivering high quality outcomes for the girls we work with, and will make continuous improvements to the programmes we run. This role has potential progression routes within InnovateHer and lots of opportunities for growth and development.
You have a passion for planning and organising projects or events, with some proven experience in delivering a specific outcome. You are very organised with the ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time. We need you to be adaptable, flexible, and determined. You are able to prioritise tasks effectively and manage your own workload to ensure everything is done to deadline and is high quality. You stay calm under pressure and focus on finding positive solutions to problems. You’ll be methodical and target focussed, with a keen eye for detail. You are motivated by ‘getting things done’.
You’ll be passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and have a desire to drive societal change and raise awareness of our mission. You’ll be a true collaborator, working with all of our team members to underpin our programme activities and ensure we communicate effectively with our key audiences. You will be equally comfortable working with external individuals and companies.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, with a flair for adapting your style to suit the medium and the message. You are comfortable writing reports and providing content for our marketing channels. You are adept at gathering, analysing and interpreting data to help with our monitoring and evaluation and can manage data safely and responsibly. You’ll be happy taking responsibility for your own projects and deliverables, whilst working closely with the Programme Managers.
Crucially, we need a real people-person: someone who can continue to build trusted partnerships with a wide range of external organisations and individuals, including the mentors, teachers and companies we have formed partnerships with. You’ll be comfortable with representing InnovateHer at events.
Finally, we need a self-starter: someone committed and entrepreneurial; who is passionate about developing InnovateHer over the coming years and wants to make a difference. You thrive in a fast paced environment and relish the creative opportunities available in a growing social enterprise.
What you’ll do:
Coordinate the InnovateHer programme within schools, to ensure the programme is run effectively with high quality outcomes, working closely with our Programme Managers. This involves:
- Day to day liaison with schools to organise delivery dates, complete onboarding processes and answer queries from staff.
- Ensuring that we have all of the programme paperwork completed at key milestones, such as risk assessments, feedback surveys, and application forms.
- Liaising with industry mentors to ensure that they have key dates for training, answering queries and monitoring the status of their DBS checks.
- Providing general administrative support to underpin our educational programmes.
- Arranging industry field trips by coordinating between partners and schools.
- Assisting with keeping our online resource area up to date with key content.
- Regularly reporting on programme progress and flagging any issues early to help us troubleshoot them.
- Provide cover for support mentors in the classroom when needed, and visit programmes to help us monitor quality from time to time.
- Assist with evaluation of the programme and measure the impact of our activities, to help us report to all our key stakeholders. This involves collecting data and managing records in line with GDPR regulations.
- Support the development of new resources, processes, tools and initiatives, to help us continuously improve the programme content and how it is delivered.
- Assist the marketing function with creation of content for communications with schools, mentors and other stakeholders.
Primarily based in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle at our head office; 12 Jordan street. Flexible working and remote working options are also offered to all employees.
Regular travel is required to our office in Manchester and occasional travel across the UK to attend events and school programmes, as we expand nationally.
What we offer:
This is a full time role 40 hours a week. The salary is between £18k and £21k per annum, dependent on your experience.
What else you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be an integral part of our rapidly growing social enterprise. We promise you a vibrant, inspiring and positive working environment with supportive co-workers and plenty of opportunities to grow and develop as the business grows.
Our team work hard every day to make a difference to people’s lives, particularly the young girls we work with. In return, we are proud to provide our team with a wide range of benefits, including flexible working and a generous annual leave package, which contributes to maintaining a healthy work life balance.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home / remotely
- 25 days annual leave, birthday off, plus full office shut down at Christmas
- The option to join a contribution pension scheme with NEST
- Access to our feminist book library!
- A supportive team environment
- The chance to be part of something which has a real and lasting impact on young people’s lives
- Training and development opportunities tailored to your personal development plan
- Integration into a thriving community network of businesses and individuals
InnovateHer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All InnovateHer employees will undergo an enhanced DBS check because we work closely with young people. Having a criminal record will not necessarily stop you from being an employee at InnovateHer. However, any information contained on your Disclosure certificate would require further consideration before a recruitment decision could be made. All such cases are fully and fairly considered before a final decision is reached and InnovateHer would normally provide you with the opportunity to discuss, in person, the circumstances of any information revealed.
We are operating a blind recruitment practice at stage one, which means we do not require your name or gender at this stage.
Please apply here.
Deadline for applications: 25th Nov
First interview (over the phone)
Second interview (in person)
Notification of decision: by 20th Dec
We expect the candidate to start in January 2020, dependent on your notice period.Apply Now Back to listings