Lucid Games are looking for a talented network programmer to join their experienced team and work on an exciting multiplayer game for next-generation consoles & PC.
- Ensuring game code synchronises correctly over the network.
- Communicating network requirements to the game programming team
- Optimising network traffic
- Excellent C/C++ knowledge.
- Low level network principles: Sockets, NAT, UDP, TCP/IP
- Higher level networking systems such as matchmaking, server hosting & game network services (Steam, PSN, XBox Live)
- The ability to work individually and as part of a small team.
- An enthusiasm and passion for games.
- Previous experience shipping multiplayer titles.
- Knowledge & experience of the Unreal Engine networking framework.
- A good degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Good maths and 3D programming skills.