About the Role
Matalan are looking for a UX lead to join their growing eCommerce team. As a UX Lead you will be responsible for defining and implementing their UX and UCD processes across UX Design, Research and Experimentation, as well as managing and developing a talented team who can execute against their Product Management strategy.
You will work collaboratively with the Product Owner and Delivery Lead to ensure your team positively contribute to the cross-functional Delivery Team, whilst also ensuring the customer is always well represented in their thought process.
- Line management responsibility for all UX functions including Research, Design and Experimentation ensuring that the team are motivated and stretched, whilst continuously delivering to expectation and quality
- Define, own and continuously refine the UX strategy and vision
- Own UX choices on all key business projects and initiatives
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior stakeholders
- Establish and own short and long term goals/KPI’s for your area based upon business goals and strategy, user feedback and operational data
- Work closely alongside the Product Owner and Delivery Lead identifying key opportunities to improve customer satisfaction through conversion focused initiatives
- Provide regular iterations to improve and redefine the digital customer experience delivering strong commercial results
- Implement activities to raise the status and awareness of UX as a discipline to group-wide audiences within Matalan
- Leverage user research methodologies and techniques to identify who their users are and how to build products that meet their needs
- Drive and champion the continuous usage and development of their onsite UX Lab
- Implement Agile UX processes to ensure rapid design iteration
- Work closely across Product and Development teams to ensure projects are delivered to best in class UX standards
- Work across web and mobile apps ensuring design coherence throughout the end-to-end user experience
- Evangelise the customer in every conversation and outcome, be passionate about their needs and continually strive to improve their experience
- Strong experience in managing a UX team, playing a senior role with demanding targets and responsibilities
- Ability to drive a team through complex projects in a fast paced environment
- Expert understanding of user-centred design principles
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Sound experience in building collaborative relationships
- Work well under pressure with strong attention to detail and consistency
- Highly organised with a logical approach.
- Strong understanding of Conversion Rate Optimisation, Product and Design
- Strong understanding of UX Research methodologies
- A good understanding of data analytics, testing tools, and how to interpret datasets
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, rewarding, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of their exciting vision – to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.Apply Now Back to listings