Co-op Digital are looking for interaction designers to join the team. Their digital colleagues help Co-op to embrace the culture, practices and technologies of the internet age; doing digital transformation on a grand scale. This kind of change isn’t always easy. Supporting colleagues to adopt agile, user-centred ways of working takes time. But when they get it right, the benefits for members, customers and communities are huge.
In this role you’ll help shape digital products and services, and contribute to the development of their growing design community. You’ll get involved in the design process at every stage of the product lifecycle from discovery to live and beyond. They’re open to applications from less experienced designers, but you’ll need a portfolio that shows you can design to meet user needs.
As an interaction designer you will:
● work in an agile multi-disciplinary team to design digital services that meet user needs
● design high profile, complex digital services
● work within a service area alongside other designers, researchers, content designers and front end developers
● consider the wider impact of the products you design, positively influencing the whole service experience
● deliver and iterate design patterns, from user journeys to production design
● deliver work that meets their Co-op standards for design
● contribute to the strategic and iterative improvement of digital services
● collaborate with colleagues to create a familiar, coherent user experience
● communicate design decisions to other digital and business colleagues
● be an advocate for accessibility in all aspects of the design of a service
This role would suit people who have:
● an active interest in product design and user experience
● some experience in a design or user experience role
● the ability to take a design from an exploratory concept through to polished visual design
● expertise in interaction and interface design for web and mobile
● ability to communicate through sketches and low fidelity prototypes
● an interest in user research, and making design decisions based on evidence
● a strong commitment to designing digital services that are accessible to all
● good people skills and ability to build positive relationships with partners in the business
Here you’ll do work that matters. They’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and as an interaction designer you’ll have an opportunity to help them build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● award winning pension
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
They’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. They aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. They celebrate their differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
They can make adjustments to their interview process according to your needs. And they offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
You can find out more about what’s going on right now in Co-op Digital and follow them on Twitter.Apply Now Back to listings