Graduate Associate Engineer
Graduate Associate Engineer
Shop Direct are really excited to tell you about their Associate Engineer role that will kick start and shape your future. You’ll work across their tech and data teams and you will get the chance to develop and grow your technical skills. They want super star graduates who have a digital mind, innovation and can motivate themselves. They want graduates who have ambition and who see themselves driving their careers to become future leaders. You’ll join a team of talented engineers across either Data, Testing, Architecture, Engineering & cloud who all collaborate with people across the business and work on some high profile projects.
THEY’D LOVE TO MEET SOMEONE WHO?
- Can work to a fast pace, you’ll also need to be a superb organiser with excellent communication skills
- Is motivated, passionate and proactive about delivery of value to the business and their customer
- Will challenge how they do things… and help them innovate combining your knowledge and university degree to create their future
- Has a degree in Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or Programming
- Fascination with data – you get a thrill out of using data to find ways to help businesses solve hard problems and make better decisions
- Understand their values and live and breath them
- Has a thirst for knowledge, you will be learning every day and they want to give you the best development to set you up for success
- Bonus Points IF.. You have some coding experience, preferably in Java. An Understanding of SQL and Python A placement or within a data focused environment, with an understanding or exposure to cloud tech such as AWS or Softlayer. Data Lake… do you know what this is? Extra bonus points if you know the difference between data
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A chance to start your career at Shop Direct and learn from the very best in technology
- You will have a dedicated line manager, innovative mentor, world class T&D Competitive salary and a career path you can drive and shape yourself
- Work with the leading technologies and develop your skills across AWS, Java Spring Boot Microservices, Node.js microservices, Groovy, Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, AppDynamics, Kibana, Elastic Search, plus much more
- A chance to BE the future
WHY SHOP DIRECT
Shop Direct are the proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and some amazingly talented people.
They’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. They’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how their 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on their websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods and they’re not slowing down….
They’re obsessed with providing seamless shopping experiences and innovative ways to spread the cost with credit, it’s what makes them the UK’s biggest fin-tech retailer, and a very unique place to work.
As they continue to grow, they’re investing heavily in people and technology to continue pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Their highly talented and skilled technology team continue to test, learn and invest in disruptive innovation that solves important customer challenges. Their next chapter has just begun, so they need super smart, talented and driven Graduates who can lead the charge and challenge them at what they do.
WHAT’S GOOD ABOUT LIFE AT SHOP DIRECT?
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays Onsite gym with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (they know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- A private pension matched contribution
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible Working Options
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Apply online via their careers site, upload your CV and wait to hear from them, if you have any questions you can email Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come on a tour of their state of the art office
- Find out more about their teams https://shopdirect.jobs/teams/technology
- And then RELAX! They will be in touch as soon as they can and they will give you feedback.