Digital Marketing Executive
Digital Marketing Executive
Role: Digital Marketing Executive
Reports to: Director
We are on a mission : To get girls ready for the tech industry and the industry ready for girls.
We run three strands of activity to help us achieve this – our award winning school programme for girls, our industry membership network and campaigning to raise awareness on a national level.
Only 19% of tech roles are female in the North West, and just 20% of computing science pupils are female in the UK. The idea that particular jobs or interests are for girls and others are for boys is false. We created InnovateHer to address this; it is a national movement dedicated to giving girls aged 12-16 the self-belief and skills needed to pursue a career in technology. We use industry role models, events and schools-based programmes to reverse gender inequality, improve digital skills and invest in the future of our young people.
Our programmes teach essential digital skills, but they also connect girls with new passions, raise their employment prospects and enhance their chances of a more fulfilling life and career. Because we believe that everyone, regardless of background or identity, should have the freedom and opportunity to pursue any future they choose. You can read our latest social impact report here.
The industry membership offer has been created based on our personal experiences of working closely with digital and technology organisations. It covers aspects of talent and recruitment, creating inclusive cultures, and sharing of best practice. Not only does our membership network directly support the educational programme we deliver, but it showcases the innovative organisations in the UK who already recognise the need for equality and diversity in the sector. Find out more here.
Over the next year our ambition is to build our network across the U.K. We have recently expanded into Manchester and have over 25 schools-based programmes confirmed in the next academic year. We’re also launching in London in April 2020. To help us fulfil this growing demand for our services, we are seeking to grow our core team.
As InnovateHer is a fast growing small business, this is an exciting time to join our small team of 6. You’ll have the opportunity to input into how we do things, putting in place new ways of working and coming up with ideas to help improve our processes as we grow. We celebrated our 2nd birthday in 2019, so we’re a young organisation with a big ambition to change the world! We need you to be a self starter who is up for the challenge of working in a startup environment and the opportunities for personal growth that this brings.
As a key member of the team you will play an important role in raising the profile of InnovateHer externally and helping to deliver the wider organisational strategy. You will be responsible for growing and engaging with our teen and adult communities online by creating campaigns and coming up with new and innovative ways to reach them across multiple platforms. You will also focus on growing our corporate membership network, working closely with our corporate community manager. You will be responsible for implementing the marketing strategy and monitoring results via various analytical tools, making recommendations for improvements based on your data and research.
You are passionate about Digital Marketing and engaging with a variety of audiences through creative content and well executed campaigns. You have 1 – 2 years experience in Digital Marketing, specifically in campaign management and content creation. You’ll be comfortable making decisions which are based on data that you’ve collated and analysed using a variety of tools, and you will be methodical and target focused.
We need you to be creative, flexible, and determined. You’ll be passionate about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and have a desire to drive change and raise awareness of our mission. You’ll be happy to work autonomously to come up with new strategies and ideas, and you’ll get a kick out of experimenting. You thrive in a fast paced environment and relish the creative opportunities available in a growing social enterprise.You’ll be a true collaborator, working with all of our team members to underpin our activities and ensure we communicate with all our audiences, whilst also working with external individuals and companies.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, with a flair for adapting your style to suit the medium and the message. You’ll be incredibly organised and able to plan activities well in advance, with a keen eye for detail. You’ll be happy taking responsibility for your own projects and deliverables, whilst reporting regularly to the Directors.
Crucially, we need a real people-person: someone who can continue to build trusted partnerships with a wide range of external organisations, including our members and the other event organisers we have formed partnerships with. You’ll be comfortable with representing InnovateHer at events. You may even have some events management experience.
Finally, we need a self-starter: someone committed and entrepreneurial; who is passionate about developing InnovateHer over the coming years.
What you’ll do:
- Design and deliver effective marketing plans to support and deliver InnovateHer’s strategic priorities, working with the whole team.
- Come up with ideas for creative campaigns, execute the campaign and evaluate against the defined objectives.
- Be responsible for the development, production and distribution of InnovateHer merchandise, and ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Create content assets to be used across a variety of channels, including coordination of production of video content.
- Evaluate all digital activities utilising various tools / data and produce regular insight reports to inform planning.
- Support the directors with the writing and distribution of press releases and reports, and communicate with press representatives, when required.
- Manage and coordinate InnovateHer event activities across the year, working with our event partners. Identify new partner / collaboration opportunities.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and innovation within Digital Marketing and contribute to an on-going programme of market research to inform marketing planning.
- Be a brand guardian – ensure that InnovateHer’s verbal and visual identities are consistently applied in all external communications across the organisation.
Requirements and qualifications
- 1-2 years in a marketing role, preferably in Digital Marketing, campaign management and content creation.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools like Buffer, Hootsuite or Social Sprout.
- Photoshop, Illustrator / design skills would be a plus.
- A qualification in digital marketing, whether that is degree level, diploma, or an apprenticeship.
- A working knowledge of analytical tools and how to use data to inform your marketing plan.
- It would be great if you had knowledge of G-suite tools (Drive, docs, email), Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and collaborative tools (Trello, Slack, Skype).
- A passion for Diversity and Inclusion, specifically gender diversity and issues relating to women in the workplace.
Based in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle, at our head office 12 Jordan street.
Regular travel is required to our office in Manchester and occasional travel across the UK to attend events.
What we offer:
This is a full time role 40 hours a week. The salary is £21k per annum.
What else you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be an integral part of our rapidly growing social enterprise. We promise you a vibrant, inspiring and positive working environment with supportive co-workers and plenty of opportunities to grow and develop as the business grows.
Our team work hard every day to make a difference to people’s lives, particularly the young girls we work with. In return, we are proud to provide our team with a wide range of benefits, including flexible working and a generous annual leave package, which contributes to maintaining a strong work life balance.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home / remotely
- 25 days annual leave, birthday off, plus full office shut down at Christmas
- The option to join a contribution pension scheme with NEST
- Access to our feminist book library!
- A supportive team environment
- The chance to be part of something which has a real and lasting impact on young people’s lives
- Training and development opportunities tailored to your personal development plan
- Integration into a thriving community network of businesses
InnovateHer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All InnovateHer employees will undergo an enhanced DBS check because we work closely with young people. Having a criminal record will not necessarily stop you from being an employee at InnovateHer. However, any information contained on your Disclosure certificate would require further consideration before a recruitment decision could be made. All such cases are fully and fairly considered before a final decision is reached and InnovateHer would normally provide you with the opportunity to discuss, in person, the circumstances of any information revealed.
We are operating a blind recruitment practice at stage one, which means we do not require your name or gender at this stage.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 9th January 5pm
First interview (over the phone): 17th January
Second interview (in person): 24th January
Start date : Feb 2020Apply Now Back to listings