Angel’s design team works closely with colleagues from across the organisation on all aspects of Design, UX and front end, across their existing product suite. A typical day may include:
- Sketching and building prototypes for pages or components in one of their existing products.
- Communicating ideas & designs to stakeholders through sketches, flows, customer journeys, and wireframes.
- Working with a developer to help translate your design into workable code
- Mapping out improvements to a user journey
- Updating the design or content of their external websites
- Designing processes and surveys to collect user data
- Designing marketing material to support their Sales team
- Making a tea round or eating cake with us
- Doing all of the above in their fun, inspirational and collaborative workspaces inc. a gypsy caravan, breakout and think tank spaces, the grandstand, a ball pool…
They expect to see examples of work / a portfolio for all design candidates, and evidence of experience in all essential technologies listed.
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a similar role
- Good knowledge of prototyping / wireframing within Adobe XD, Marvel, Invision or similar
- Deeply empathetic to customers & their experiences
- A collaborative working style
- A confident communicator & facilitator
- A history of delivering great user experiences
- Great skills in visual design and typography
- A working knowledge of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
- Responsive design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of accessible web design best practice
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Experience of designing solutions within the Education sector
- Experience in designing and facilitating group collaboration sessions
- Experience of carrying out user testing and analysis of testing & usage data
- Experience of utilising style guides/component libraries
About Angel Solutions
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of their products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that’s not all they’re about! They also strive to be creative and innovative in everything they do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
The role of Angel’s Design Team is to make their products (and the marketing around those products) as effective, intuitive and beautiful as possible.
They know they’re biased, but they really do think Angel is a great place to work!
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who they are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know they have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s next?
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because we want to know you’re looked after
- Pension: After 3 months at Angel, you’ll be auto-enrolled in our company pension scheme
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. They love Christmas and it’s a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!