Front End Developer
Front End Developer
- An experienced front end developer?
- passionate about Vue.js & SASS?
- can translate static designs into production-ready code?
- enjoys working closely with designers and developers?
- writes semantic, well-formed HTML and CSS, and encourages others to do the
- stays up to date with industry trends, developments & best practice?
- understands the benefits of design systems and pattern libraries?
- is keen to make a real difference to educational outcomes in the UK and
- can guide the team as we evolve our front end techniques and tech stack?
- enjoys opportunities to innovate and learn?
A typical week may include:
- Translating designs into VueJS components, or assisting others to do so.
- Working closely with other developers to integrate front and back-end code.
- Improving their existing web applications, including fixing front-end bugs.
- Planning and building a design system to enable more efficient product development.
- Presenting work to design & development colleagues as part of weekly training sessions.
2+ years front end development experience including:
- HTML/HTML5, semantics & accessibility
- CSS and Sass
- Git version control
- Responsive design implementation
- Commitment to usability best practice
- Microsoft tech stack experience
Some knowledge or experience of:
- Design systems or pattern libraries
- Inclusive and accessible web design
- Grunt/Gulp/Webpack workflows
About Angel Solutions
Angel Solutions creates pioneering web-based software that serves the education industry (teachers, leaders, school improvement officers, education data analysts and more). Most of their products are designed to save people time and deliver powerful data analysis, but that’s not all they’re about! They also strive to be creative and innovative in everything they do, and want to remain a friendly, close-knit team even as the company continues to grow.
The role of Angel’s Development Team is to build powerful web applications using an agile, iterative methodology and embracing new coding techniques all the time.
They know they’re biased, but they really do think Angel is a great place to work!
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off: In addition to Annual Leave allowance
- Innovation Days: Time to get away from “normal” and work differently
- Ongoing training & qualifications: Learning is at the core of who they are
- Healthy Snacks: Fruit delivery (and sometimes less healthy treats!)
- Charity Days: Practical volunteering or fundraising
- Creative Office Space: You know they have a ball pool, right?
- Surprise Treat-Days: Park fun days, meals out, workshops… who knows what’s
- Parental Leave: Maternity, paternity and adoption leave from day one
- Dependents Leave Allowance: Time off if your child / family member is poorly
- Private Medical Insurance: Because they want to know you’re looked after
- Pension: After 3 months at Angel, you’ll be auto-enrolled in our company
- Discounted Parking: Only 10 minutes walk away
- Christmas Shutdown: In addition to annual leave allowance. They love Christmas
and it’s a great time to rest and recharge those batteries!