Location: Opportunities at Chelmsford (Great Baddow), Cowes (IoW) and Portsmouth (Broad Oak). We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £57,810
Put yourself into a dynamic Systems Engineering role at the forefront of real world demands in the defence industry.
Your new day-to-day will be exciting and diverse by applying the principles of Systems Engineering across the entire engineering development lifecycle as you join in developing systems used by those who serve and protect us. You will work with global experts and cutting-edge technology on projects developing products like torpedoes, radar, autonomous maritime vessels, and supporting training systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of Systems Engineering principles, techniques and governance to design and develop solutions and resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations
- Discern and decompose requirements to system and sub-system level and manage these in an approved toolset such as IBM DOORS Next
- Apply a holistic understanding of a whole system solution to undertake system design decomposition with design appreciation of lower level sub-system interaction and implementation across different technology disciplines including electronics, electrical, mechanical and software
- Collaborating with specialists across different engineering disciplines including electronics, electrical, mechanical and software
- Undertaking architectural modelling at system and subsystem level, including interface definition, and manage architectural models in a contemporary toolset such as Cameo Systems Modeller, with opportunities to exploit MBSE practices
- Define and articulate system acceptance strategies and acceptance evidence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Through these activities you will build your personal profile with senior stakeholders and grow a diverse knowledge base in engineering
Your skills and experiences:
You will have experience in some or all of the following topics:
- Understands engineering principles and approaches underpinning design and development activities and be capable of systems thinking, applying holistic approaches to complex problems
- Demonstrates understanding and experience of Systems Engineering which could include knowledge of Systems Engineering standards (e.g., ISO 15288)
- Experience of using a high-level design methodology (e.g. UAF, NAF, TOGAF, SysML, UML)
- Experience of requirements elicitation and requirements management (e.g., IBM DOORS Next
- Experience of designing/working with large scale complex system designs
- Experience of presenting both technical and non-technical information in a formal setting
- Further education (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM discipline
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Systems Engineering in Product & Training Services:
You will be working as a Systems Engineer within a close-knit product team of inter-disciplinary engineers from a bespoke portfolio of new and existing products within our prestigious Product & Training Services division.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your skills and invest in your career journey. You will be supported in growing your knowledge across contemporary and emerging fields such as Model Based Engineering (MBE and MBSE), Digital Thread, Digital Twins, Future Air Dominance solutions and Underwater Battlespace solutions.
You will be receiving tailored career support so that you can advance within our team, or additionally, this role can act as a strong springboard to explore other exciting opportunities across BAE Systems.
In this role, you will be able to enjoy both flexible and hybrid working arrangements. However, because of the importance and security classification of the projects you will be involved in, there will be a regular requirement for you to work on site so you can collaborate closely with the rest of your team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 7th December 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings