Supply Chain Manager – Equipment Management
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £55,000 – 57,000 + annual incentive bonus
What you’ll be doing:
· The design, development and implementation of sourcing and delivery strategies and plans, working with Corporate Category Management leads where appropriate, to deliver EM focussed solutions. (Define, Analyse, Execute and Manage)
· Working with stakeholders to ensure knowledge and information sharing, especially on requirements capture and strategic outlook i.e. demand management, risk planning, value enablement
· Representing Supply Chain in all strategic sourcing activities within your assigned area, ensuring a compliant solution in line with Group Supply Chain policy, process and procedures
· Creating an environment for high performing teams and individuals through setting robust and Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely (SMART) objectives within Personal Development Reviews (PDRs), and providing ongoing performance feedback and development planning, creating a coaching, mentoring, and supportive culture
· Responsible for ensuring your team operates within the governance framework and assurance activities are undertaken
· Identifying areas for process improvement and presenting these to the Heads of the Programme/ projects, as applicable
Your skills and experiences:
· Good working knowledge of legal and commercial considerations related to subcontracts and framework agreements ideally within the Defence sector, including the flow-down of Prime Contract terms and Conditions
· Commercial acumen, financial awareness, risk and opportunity management
· Good IT skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office products
· Confident as the decision-making authority for the team as required
· Excellent negotiation skills, developed communication and diplomacy skills in order to constructively manage and influence stakeholders
· Good understanding of external environment and relevant market intelligence
· Ability to collate and analyse data to identify root causes and inform robust business decisions
· Excellent Supply Chain Management skills (MCIPS desired)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The UK Equipment Management team:
The role reports to the Head of Equipment Management & Future Business [UK], and you will be responsible for:
Bid Support, 80%, working with the Business Winning Team and Bid Team to understand and capture the commercial, technical, and transverse requirements from customer tenders, defining and delivering Strategic Sourcing strategies for MaST (MOD DE&S: Marine Systems Transformation Programme), and other key bids, writing responses to Customer ‘technical’ questions within tenders, writing deliverable plans in response to Customer prequalification and tender requests.
Delivery Support, 20%, Management of a team of Supply Chain Principles in their support of the delivery phases of existing business, providing ongoing development and implementation of procurement strategies to align with business requirements and growth plans and you will build strong relationships and work closely with key business stakeholders at all levels to ensure requirements are understood and aligned, providing expert external market insight to the business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 22nd November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings