Location: Rochester, Kent – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £34,000 – £40,000 – Depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing embedded software, peripheral drivers, protocol, human-machine interfaces and associated supporting documentation
- Analysing and defining, software architecture/ design, modelling and simulation, systems/ software integration, verification and validation, safety critical development techniques
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Scientific/Engineering (electronics-engineering, software-engineering, physics, maths) environment
- Excellent Software Engineering skills, with a solid foundation in one of C/C++/C#
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Lifecycle
- Practical experience of developing embedded software (e.g., for bare metal or embedded RTOS platforms)
- Scripting languages such as MATLAB or Python
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Software Engineering team:
As a Software Engineer you will be working as part of a team of passionate and innovative engineers creating world-leading control and display systems. This is an exciting entry level position that will provide you with a challenging role whilst allowing you to develop your skills, learning from the experienced engineers around you. You will have the opportunity to design products for the world’s most advanced commercial and military fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 30th November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings