Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £39,316+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on HCI (Human Computer Interface) application development using SCADE Display/ Suite to deliver conceptual design of operator displays pages
- Liaising with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Converting SCADE display models pages into L5 system requirements through ‘standalone requirement executables’ and DOORS textual requirements
- Defining test cases
- Adhering to project processes and software development practices
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience working as a developer or tester within a software development team
- Experience working in at least one phase of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of working with a configuration management tool (Bitbucket preferred)
- SCADE Display/ Suite experience would be useful
- DOORS experience would be advantageous
- Change or Defect tracking software (JIRA preferred)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Dreadnought HCI team:
The Dreadnought HCI team (Human Computer Interface) sits within the software and safety technology group, which supports and develops a range of airborne and maritime software products.
They focus on high integrity systems across a number of current and future platforms and develop the concept and design of new operator displays, along with the subsequent system requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 21st November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings