Cyber Security Systems Design Engineer
Salary: Between £52,084-£57,344 depending on experience and skills
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be involved in early life-cycle conception activities in a major national and international cyber defence program
- You will be responsible for identifying and assessing mission system solution requirements and philosophies for Air Sector Product Integrity processes I.E. documenting and presenting the various trade-offs in cost, capability, and maturity to inform concept selection and subsequent initial design activities
- You will be identifying requirements for the mission system
- Working with suppliers, partners, and technology providers to determine candidate solutions
- Defining and assessing models for the solutions and their different emergent properties
Your skills and experiences:
- A working knowledge in some or all the following security related areas – systems engineering, engineering lifecycle, Cyber Security, System Safety, Crypto Management, networking, aircraft computing systems, UML SysML extensions, process improvement
- Knowledge of model based systems engineering methods and tools such as UML / SySML. MoDAF and Matlab
- Familiar with SW architecting and Agile Process as well as Object Orientated design
- Formal qualification related to Cyber Security / aircraft safety highly desirable
- Knowledge of Integrity Modeller Toolset (Artisan)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Agile Mission Systems Engineering team:
You will work as part of an Agile Mission Systems Engineering team, primarily focused on product safety and security engineering methodologies, developing system requirements and initial design for the projects.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 21st November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings