Cyber Security Operational Assurance Practitioner
Location: Preston or Frimley – (1 day per week in the office) – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £47,000 – Depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver the Cyber Operational Assurance services to assure the compliance and effectiveness of applicable IT security controls to meet NIST (DFARS), DEFSTAN, HMG Secure by Design requirements and / or Group Cyber Security Standards (GCSS)
- Assist in the delivery of Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials plus certification across applicable EIT enterprise managed networks (UK and International) to meet MoD DEFCON contractual requirements
- Support other Information Security certifications such as ISO/IEC 27001 / FAR to underpin international networks and differing overseas requirements
- Support the delivery of an intelligence led and risk-based compliance programme across Sectors, UK Business Groups and Service Providers to underpin HMG Secure by Design requirements
- Report the Performance / Health of applicable security controls to assure compliance and effectiveness aligned with NIST (DFARS), DEFSTAN, HMG Secure by Design requirements and / or Group Cyber Security Standards (GCSS) to highlight key issues to senior stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong track records of assuring/auditing the security of services in the Government sector (or commercial organisations bound by HMG standards)
- Strong analytical background with the ability to analyse and interpret large and complex data sets and articulate observations, conclusions, and recommendations to senior audiences
- Knowledge of HMG and industry standard security policy, standards and good practice guidance and their application to a variety of IT solutions processing protectively marked information
- Wide ranging knowledge of application, infrastructure and security technologies and knowledge of implementing them in a secure configuration
- ISO/IEC 27001 knowledge
- CISM-P IT Security qualification
- NSCP Practitioner Certificate
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Cyber Assurance team:
The Cyber Assurance Team with Shared Services are part of Enterprise IT (EIT) with responsibility for assuring all enterprise managed systems and services, spanning UK/Row. The team ensure systems / services are built and configured in-line with applicable Cyber Security Standards.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 27th November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.Apply Now Back to listings